🎯 31 years ago tomorrow, my 'official' corporate journey began. But that's NOT the story I want to tell...
📸 This picture? That's me, an 18-year-old, taken in my college hostel right before my "actual " first day of work. This wasn't for my role at Asian Paints in 1994, but for a job as a waiter in a bustling restaurant in Pune back in 1988-89. (A huge thank you to Dushyant Bala for capturing this moment! 📷)
The reality of that first role:
* 9-hour split shifts (12-3 PM & 6-12 PM) + daily walks to/from work
* ₹450/month + 2 free meals + tips
* 6 months that changed everything 🔄
What serving tables taught me that NO other "corporate " role ever could:
✨ HUMILITY: Discovering that true dignity exists in every single role.
✨ SERVICE MINDSET: Understanding that it's always about putting others first. ✨ GRACE UNDER PRESSURE: Learning to juggle countless priorities, often with a smile.
✨ EGO IN CHECK: Realizing your title doesn't define your inherent worth.
As I step into my 32nd year in the professional world tomorrow (June 4th), I find myself recommitting to these foundational values. It's about stripping away the degrees, designations, and accolades – because at our core, we're all here to serve and add genuine value. 💪
That young boy in the photo had absolutely no idea what the future held. Yet, those six months as a waiter? They remain my most PROFOUND and VALUABLE professional education.
What's YOUR foundational experience that still guides you today? Drop your story below - I read every comment! 👇
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
🚪 P.S. - My door remains wide open for meaningful conversations. If your organization is navigating ambitious dreams, exciting opportunities, or tough challenges, happy to connect and explore how I can help. 💼✨


No comments:
Post a Comment